Monday, August 22, 2011

LeAnne Hillier

Meet LeAnne Hillier

LeAnne is 29 years old and 5'3 and has been on her weight loss journey for 15 months!

Starting Weight - 292.8lbs
Current Weight - 180.4lbs
Goal Weight - 146lbs (May go to 135lbs not sure)

Top 5 things in your fridge at all times are: Veggies, Yogurt, Lean Meats, and Egg Beaters

Favorite Exercise: Running! But also loves the 30 day shred videos!

Favorite mantra: You Must Be The Change You Want To See In The World - Mahatma Gadhi


How did you push past any plateaus?

  • I haven't had a plateau yet. After losing 112.3lbs I thought I would have by now but i think changing up my foods and activity weekly have helped me to continue losing. 

How do you stay strong when faced with temptations or cravings?
  • Daily we are faced with temptations and cravings. With the cravings I wait 10 mins to see if they pass if not I will either eat a little of what im craving or make a light version and enjoy :) moderation is key :). 

How do you maintain the motivation to keep moving forward?
  • Smaller size clothing, confidence I have gained,more energy now,seeing the inches and pounds come off keep me motivated! 

What has been your biggest struggle?
  • Portion control is probably one of my biggest struggles.when my favorite foods are around sometimes its hard to stop after one serving... I just remind myself the first bite tastes the same as the last .this helps me a lot !! 

What has been the most rewarding in your journey?
  • Most rewarding so far is creating new memories with my 7 yr olds. skating and biking with him for the first time since he was born :) 

The one thing that if money was not an issue you would give yourself for making it to your goal weight?
  • When I make it to goal Im having a shopping spree... This girl will be buying some cute "little" clothes :) when I hit my 100 lb milestone my husband gave me a belt buckle ring to symbolize my journey ;) 

Who are your top 1-5: Supporters? Inspirations?
  • My top supporters are my husband, family, friends and my online network of friends who are also on this weight loss journey ;) 

How to find you: I can be found on Facebook just search Leanne Hillier





HER STORY

It was Wed. April 21,2010 Mom called me as she always did we chatted a bit before She told me she was going for her first Weight Watchers weigh in in the morning. I was proud of her for joining she had wanted to do it for a while and a co worker who recently had lost 30lbs inspired her to join. Then she asked me to go with her!!!!Now in the past she has asked me to go with her before and I gave her every excuse I could think of ….. it was to expensive, I can’t attend meetings because I wont have childcare when my husband is away working and I just didn’t want to give up all the food I loved… I was afraid of failing. As I gave her all those excuses I was feeling sad, uncomfortable , tired, embarrassed I let myself get to the weight I had. I felt I was Doomed to be fat forever . But this time when she asked me it was different I have no idea what came over me but I said yes I will go. 9am Thursday morning April 22,2010 I weighed in @ 292.8lbs!!.. it had been 5 yrs since I had gotten on a scale. I had no idea what it would say, so this really through me for a loop. I was clearly in denial how bad my eating had become. I cried all the way home. I said to my husband THIS is the day my life changes, there is NO other option for me. I need to get healthy and be there for my son!! That was the day my journey started. Some days are easy and some days… well lets just say its one bite at a time! I really embraced the program I was on read up on all the material and MADE it my life style change. There are always going to be bumps in the road or gains and losses on this journey but I learn from every aspect of them . No body told me it would be easy but they did tell me it could be done . 1 pound at a time I will reach my goal. I have lost almost 115lbs in 15 months and I have 32 more to go until I get to my goal. I have lost a lot of weight and I have gained self confindence, self worth and I finally feel I have my life back. I am the me I always wanted to be.I encourage you to find a program that fits your life one that you can live with for the rest of your life,find an activity that you love to do and watch yourself transform.

6 comments:

  1. Leanne has been an inspiration to me now and will continue to be one! She pushes me to keep on going and helps me when I "fall off the wagon." I am so very proud of you Leanne! You have come so far and I know you will reach your goal. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job and keep it up. You are a motivation to all including me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing job..good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone!! Amanda you made me cry lol!!! love ya too girl and u are one of my inspirations aswell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She made me tear up too! I love how supportive everyone is of each other! I makes this alllllllllll worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 you all! and Leanne you deserve all the praise you get!

    ReplyDelete