Monday, August 29, 2011

Elizabeth McKendree

Meet Elizabeth McKendree




Elizabeth is 5' 9.5"

Starting Weight: 258lbs 
Current Weight: 205lbs (-53lbs) 
Goal Weight: 178 (-80lbs)

When did you start your journey and how long has it taken?
  • I started my journey in Jan 2011 and hope to reach my goal in Jan 0f 2012, one year.
What are the top 5 food items in your house or fridge at all times?
  • Blueberries 
  • Chicken 
  • Veggie Soup 
  • Egg Beaters 
  • Vitamin Water
Favorite way to exercise?
  • Stairs!!! But I also do yoga, ride my bike, walk, life weights, zumba, and swim.
What is your favorite Mantra? Quote?
How did you push past any plateaus you encountered?
  • Keep going, my blog, my boyfriend Tommy, my son, other blogs like this one, family, friends, and co-workers. So far I have had 2 weigh ins with no losses. To date I have had no gains.
How did you stay strong when faced with temptations and cravings?
  • If I end up eating that pizza or candy I log the calories and then eat less the rest of the day. Here is an excerpt from a blog I did on this subject. "And while I'm on my soap box ...why on earth do people give up on diets so easy? People would look at you as if you were nuts if you did that in other aspects of your life. Like what if you said, "My husband and I are getting a divorce because we had one fight. " or "I am sending my son off to military school because he got intouble at school once." or " I quit my job because I had one bad day." You would never do that. But for some o...
What has been your biggest struggle?
  • I am always my own worst critic and harder on myself than anyone could ever be. WHY????? I guess in some areas this can be a good thing. In some cases it has helped me push on but in other cases I think it makes me give up on some things because I set to high of an expectation for myself.
Who are your top 1-5 Supporters?
Supporters 
1. Tommy (My Boyfriend) also making this journey (-71lbs) 
2. My son 
3. My Dad 
4. My Mom 
5. My best friend Bethany
Inspirations 
1. Courtney (Co-worker, the reason I started this journey, she has lost almost 60lbs) 
2. Tommy (-71lbs) 
3. Bethany (-80 plus lbs) 
4. All my facebook and blog fellow weight loss journiers 
5. Dee (Longtime family friend who has cancer who has an amazing spirit)
How can the fans reach you or follow your journey?
My Blog or Elizabeth McKendree on Facebook



HER STORY
I am the mom of the wonderful Spicer. I have a great boyfriend Tommy. I live in Murray, Kentucky. I work for Omni Visions, a foster care and adoption agency. I have an amazing family. I love to read, listen to live music, enjoy the beach, photography, and spending time with my loved ones. My blog has three major sections. My blog (often about my weight loss), Spicer's Blog (about my amazing son), and MEM Photos (my passion taking pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment