is 5 ft 7 and 26 years old
Current Weight: 243lbs (-102 lbs)
Goal Weight: 160lbs
When did you start your journey and how long has it taken?
- I lost 30lbs from fall 08 to winter 09 - restarted journey march 2011
What are the top 5 food items in your house or fridge at all times?
- Brita jug
- fresh eggs
Favorite way to exercise?
- I have fallen in love with interval running and using the step machine at the gym. I will never lose my passion for really REALLY long walks :)
- "It is not the destination so much as the journey. (Capt Jack Sparrow)"
- I keep pushing even harder with the exercise - try switching to something different. Also change up to new foods :)
How did you stay strong when faced with temptations and cravings?
- Remind myself of my goals - why I started this journey in the first place. I try to distract myself with something else that will get my mind off of my craving.
What has been your biggest struggle?
- I want to be a runner - but I still dont have the cardio to run for very long. Sometimes I still look in the mirror - and dispite how far I have come I only see how far I have to go.
- An entire new wardrobe. And a new tattoo. The tattoo I will get... The wardrobe will have to build itself slowly :)
- #1 My husband
- My manager
- All of MFPs people who have gone on this journey before me are a true inspiration - showing me the path and how it is possible
Email or MFP: chii85
I come from a very 'large' family. We all eat a little too well. I was thin until the age of 5 or 6 when I started packing on the pounds, just like my mother. By the age of 12 I was already about 220lbs. I decided that I had to do something about it - so I started to watch what I was eating and began walking a lot. I got a lot of compliments and I restricted my diet so much - I hardly ate at all. I managed to lose about 65lbs and kept it off for about 3 years.
When I started university - I began to deal with some of the issues in my life. I was put on medication for depression. Over two years I gained over 100lbs. I tried dieting - I tried working out. I might lose 5 or 10 lbs but got back on the wrong track. My brother and his at the time girlfriend came to visit me in summer 2008. I for whatever reason decided to buy a scale shortly after they left - and cried. The dial went all the way around - past the 295lbs mark - all the way around. 315 lbs. I bawled. I decided enough was enough.
I borrowed WII fit from my brother in law - and started to monitor what I was eating. I decided to walk to work which wasnt too far - and to start walking around the block on my breaks. I worked hard -and lost 30lbs. Unfortunately I had a full plate load of things going on in my life - moving to a new city - finding a new job. I put weightloss on the back burner for a while. I then got engaged - bought a wedding gown - and didnt want to lose weight because I didnt want to have to get the dress taken in too much. a VERY poor excuse I know.
Shorlty after getting married - my husband and I decided that we would try to start a family. I went off of my birth control and waited things out. My cycles were still iregular and I wasnt getting any positive tests. I realized my weight could be standing in the way. So everyday that I get up - I do this for the family that I one day hope to have. This is for the children I havent yet met :)