Monday, October 3, 2011

Meet Laura


Meet Laura



 is 5 ft 7 and  26 years old

Starting Weight: 345 lbs
Current Weight: 243lbs (-102 lbs)
Goal Weight: 160lbs

When did you start your journey and how long has it taken?
  • I lost 30lbs from fall 08 to winter 09 - restarted journey march 2011

What are the top 5 food items in your house or fridge at all times?
  • Tuna
  • Watermelon
  • Grapes
  • Brita jug 
  • fresh eggs

Favorite way to exercise?
  • I have fallen in love with interval running and using the step machine at the gym. I will never lose my passion for really REALLY long walks :)

What is your favorite Mantra? Quote?
  • "It is not the destination so much as the journey. (Capt Jack Sparrow)"
How did you push past any plateaus you encountered?
  • I keep pushing even harder with the exercise - try switching to something different. Also change up to new foods :)

How did you stay strong when faced with temptations and cravings? 
  • Remind myself of my goals - why I started this journey in the first place. I try to distract myself with something else that will get my mind off of my craving.

What has been your biggest struggle?
  • I want to be a runner - but I still dont have the cardio to run for very long. Sometimes I still look in the mirror - and dispite how far I have come I only see how far I have to go.
What is the one thing - If money were not an issue - that you would give yourself when making it to your goal?
  • An entire new wardrobe. And a new tattoo. The tattoo I will get... The wardrobe will have to build itself slowly :)
Who are your top 5 supporters?
  • #1 My husband
  • My manager
  • All of MFPs people who have gone on this journey before me are a true inspiration - showing me the path and how it is possible
How can the fans reach you or follow your journey?

Email  or MFP: chii85


HER STORY



I come from a very 'large' family. We all eat a little too well. I was thin until the age of 5 or 6 when I started packing on the pounds, just like my mother. By the age of 12 I was already about 220lbs. I decided that I had to do something about it - so I started to watch what I was eating and began walking a lot. I got a lot of compliments and I restricted my diet so much - I hardly ate at all. I managed to lose about 65lbs and kept it off for about 3 years.

When I started university - I began to deal with some of the issues in my life. I was put on medication for depression. Over two years I gained over 100lbs. I tried dieting - I tried working out. I might lose 5 or 10 lbs but got back on the wrong track. My brother and his at the time girlfriend came to visit me in summer 2008. I for whatever reason decided to buy a scale shortly after they left - and cried. The dial went all the way around - past the 295lbs mark - all the way around. 315 lbs. I bawled. I decided enough was enough.

I borrowed WII fit from my brother in law - and started to monitor what I was eating. I decided to walk to work which wasnt too far - and to start walking around the block on my breaks. I worked hard -and lost 30lbs. Unfortunately I had a full plate load of things going on in my life - moving to a new city - finding a new job. I put weightloss on the back burner for a while. I then got engaged - bought a wedding gown - and didnt want to lose weight because I didnt want to have to get the dress taken in too much. a VERY poor excuse I know.

Shorlty after getting married - my husband and I decided that we would try to start a family. I went off of my birth control and waited things out. My cycles were still iregular and I wasnt getting any positive tests. I realized my weight could be standing in the way. So everyday that I get up - I do this for the family that I one day hope to have. This is for the children I havent yet met :)

No comments:

Post a Comment